Man arrested for bomb threat remanded in custody
Michael Glenford, the man who was arrested by the police in connection with last week's bomb threats, was remanded in custody when he appeared in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court on Tuesday.
Glenford has been charged with one count of creating public mischief. He has denied the allegation.
"We are saying that Mr Michael Glenford has nothing to do with it,” Glenford's attorney-at-law, Damion Heslop, said.
The lawyer said his client is a businessman who operates a wholesale and liquor store in Spanish Town, St Catherine.
Glenford, who was arrested last Friday, was remanded in custody until November 16 after the prosecution argued that he was not a fit candidate for bail.
A series of bomb threats disrupted operations at more that 70 institutions, mostly schools, last week. On Monday, a bomb threat disrupted operations at Kingston Wharves.